Has your faith been tested . . . really tested?
It’s easy to speak of faith when all is well – when there’s no medical crisis, when the bills are paid, when the vacation is going well, when relationships are healthy and positive.
But when the darkness of a serious trial sets in, where is your faith then? Do you have a faith that can hold in one of Life’s devastating storms? That’s when we learn the difference between what we say we believe and what we actually believe.
Lisa and I want to share with you the worst storm we’ve ever faced – the day the doctor entered our hospital room and told us the news about our newborn baby: “Your daughter has had a massive brain hemorrhage, just before birth. The damage is severe . . .”
Faith . . . where is faith when devastation takes over your heart like a hurricane?
Hope . . . is there any hope in a different future than the one you expected?
Love . . . Can you trust God’s love when your heart is breaking?
Her name is Avonléa Keri Hope Jacobson.
This episode of FAITHFUL LIFE podcast: Will Your Faith Hold In Life’s Worst Storms?was hard for us to get through – it’s a little raw. We share our 19 year faith-journey in the face of things we wish never had happened, but that God had a higher purpose for. As you listen, we hope your faith is deepened and your confidence in God when things go wrong remains strong. Click the link to join the conversation.
Are you enjoying the podcast? Are there topics you would like us to address? Would you like to help support this ministry? Here are a few things we would ask you to do:
- Share the podcast on you social media accounts. Just take a screen shot of the episode and upload.
- Leave a written review (Super encouraging to us and super important for those searching. People will read your review!)
- Leave a 5 Star Review (we like the 5 star reviews . . . go figure!!)
- To become partners with us and support this ministry, click the ‘donate’ button on the menu bar and make a monthly contribution.
- Tell us what topics you would like us to address. We’ll seriously consider every request! mlj@FaithfulMan.com
- Pray for Lisa and me as we seek to honor God and remain biblical in all we teach and share.
Thank you so much for being part of this journey with us. God bless you this week!
Matt Jacobson is a biblical marriage coach and founder of FaithfulMan.com a biblical marriage, parenting, and discipleship ministry providing written and audio teaching, as well as couples marriage coaching. He is the co-host (with his wife, Lisa) of Faithful Life Podcast and is author of the bestseller, 100 Ways to Love Your Wife. Matt is pastor of Tumalo Bible Fellowship and is married to Lisa, founder of Club31Women.com (they have 8 kids!).