When you were first married, you were absorbed with each other – just the way it’s supposed to be, right? Everyone else had to fit around this new #1 priority in your life – each other! Some rolled their eyes. Some shook their heads and “put up” with you. Some said, “They’ll get over it.”
And then the kids started to come. When we brought Britain home from the hospital, Lisa and I remember falling into bed absorbed with the wonder of this new human in our home – this new priority. We would spend hours just looking at him.
With every newborn, somehow eternity and the present moment are contained in that new creation you brought into the world. It’s awe-inspiring. And, it’s time consuming!
Kids take time, which is not exactly a profound insight but the impact on a marriage of the time kids take has had a profound, negative, impact on many marriages. Is this happening in your relationship? Are your children coming between you and your spouse? Does your spouse have to compete with your children for your time, priority, and attention? Are you allowing your focus on your children to crowd out from your marriage the focus you should have on cultivating your relationship with your husband or wife? What would your husband or wife say?
It can happen in any marriage and even if you’re not there it’s important to let your spouse know he/she will never have to compete for your time, attention, focus, or affection. Are you ready for a better weekend together? Listen as we discuss this issue on today’s episode of FAITHFUL LIFE: Marriage Weekend Edition.
Friends, are you enjoying FAITHFUL LIFE podcast and FaithfulMan.com and Club31Women.com? Lisa and I need your help. There is a great deal of time and expense associated with our websites and podcast. Will you help us continue by supporting these endeavors? Here is what we’re asking:
- Become partners with us and support this ministry, CLICK THIS LINK and please make a $10 per month donation. (Any amount is a great blessing.) Recurring monthly donations is what we are seeking to help us bring stability to this enterprise.
- Share the podcast on you social media accounts. Just take a screen shot of the episode and upload.
- Leave a written review (Super encouraging to us and super important for those searching. People will read your review!)
- Leave a 5 Star Review (we like the 5 star reviews . . . go figure!!)
- Pray for Lisa and me as we seek to honor God and remain biblical in all we teach and share.
- Tell us what topics you would like us to address. We’ll seriously consider every request! mlj@FaithfulMan.com
Thank you so much for valuing what we are doing.
Matt Jacobson is a biblical marriage coach and founder of FaithfulMan.com a biblical marriage, parenting, and discipleship ministry providing written and audio teaching, as well as couples marriage coaching. He is the co-host (with his wife, Lisa) of Faithful Life Podcast and is author of the bestseller, 100 Ways to Love Your Wife. Matt is pastor of Tumalo Bible Fellowship and is married to Lisa, founder of Club31Women.com (they have 8 kids!).