Lisa watched as I ambled through the room, shoulders drooping, staring at the floor with a worried expression on my face. Several things had converged to place the weight of the world on my shoulders. You would have thought I was trying out for a role in the remake of Hunch Back of Notre Dame! At first, she didn’t know what to do or what to say. He’s so ‘down’ right now . . . what can I do to help? What should I do?
Life is pretty good at dishing up reasons to get discouraged. In my better moments, I stand strong and keep my eyes on God in the midst of the current storm but, I don’t walk on water and, at times, instead of looking up and seeing the truth that God has not lost control and left me on my own to face the raging sea, I look down into the blackness of the water. Even after walking with the Lord all these years, I can get discouraged, even fearful.
Yes, encouragement in marriage goes (should go!) both ways but today, we’re talking about the wife’s role when her husband get’s discouraged. And, wives, you have such power in your hands for those challenging seasons in your husband’s life. Are you giving the encouragement your husband needs in his weaker moments? Have you learned how to speak support, strength, and confidence into his heart and, just as important, do you know what not to say when he’s feeling down?
These are the topics we discuss on this newly released edition of FAITHFUL LIFE podcast: Marriage Weekend Edition. Click the link to join the conversation!
Are you enjoying the podcast? Are there topics you would like us to address? Would you like to help support this ministry? Here are a few things we would ask you to do:
- Share the podcast on you social media accounts. Just take a screen shot of the episode and upload.
- Leave a written review (Super encouraging to us and super important for those searching. People will read your review!)
- Leave a 5 Star Review (we like the 5 star reviews . . . go figure!!)
- Tell us what topics you would like us to address. We’ll seriously consider every request! mlj@FaithfulMan.com
- If you’d like to become partners with us and support this ministry, click the ‘donate’ button on the menu bar and make a monthly contribution.
- Pray for Lisa and me as we seek to honor God and remain biblical in all we teach and share.
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! Lisa and I hope you have a fantastic weekend together!
Matt Jacobson is a biblical marriage coach and founder of FaithfulMan.com a biblical marriage, parenting, and discipleship ministry providing written and audio teaching, as well as couples marriage coaching. He is the co-host (with his wife, Lisa) of Faithful Life Podcast and is author of the bestseller, 100 Ways to Love Your Wife. Matt is pastor of Tumalo Bible Fellowship and is married to Lisa, founder of Club31Women.com (they have 8 kids!).